Harbor House Ministries is a Christian community development organization that serves families in the San Antonio neighborhood of Oakland, CA. We provide a safe place for opportunities, resources, and relationships to be shared so that all families in Oakland can flourish.
FOCUS & SCOPE
- Recruit, screen, train, develop, and encourage youth interns (high school students) for Harbor House’s Youth Leadership Program.
- Directly supervise youth interns during the elementary after-school and summer programs and ensure they are set-up for success in their role.
- Lead daily debrief sessions and quarterly trainings with interns focused on social-emotional, leadership, and job readiness skills.
- Develop, nurture and maintain positive relationships with interns. Maintain a contact list of interns and their parents for regular updates and communication. Ensure that individual needs are being addressed. Encourage parent participation in the program through kick-off and end-of-semester family gatherings.
- Collaborate with the Director of Education on program goals and objectives to ensure interns are fulfilling their responsibilities as mentors to the elementary students.
- Coordinate and oversee a spiritual formation group for high school students one evening per week.
- Plan content for formation groups, such as reading Scripture, prayer, journaling, worship, being out in nature, service and social justice initiatives, soul care activities.
- Ensure that program goals, objectives, and outcomes are being measured and reported to the Executive Director, staff, students, parents, and local schools.
- Collaborate with staff from other agencies as needed for successful partnerships, including the local high schools that our interns attend and area churches.
- Assist with other organization administrative duties and organization-wide events as needed.
- Ensure that all COVID-19 safeguards and protocols are followed in accordance with the Alameda County Health Department.
- Immediately report accidents or suspicions of abuse to the Executive Director and to Child Protective Services.
- Support and contribute to a safe and healthy work environment.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
College degree required, preferably in a human services, education, or youth ministry field. Experience working in an urban community development setting is preferred.
- Solid commitment to own personal spiritual formation.
- Passion for holistic community transformation and the overall mission/vision of Harbor House.
- Proven leadership record.
- Innovative and a pioneering spirit.
- Willingness to listen, learn, and be held accountable.
- Interest and experience in ministering to youth.
- Ability to engage youth in large and small group activities and discussions.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Open heart to build relationships with youth from a variety of backgrounds.
- Self-motivation and initiation.
- Sound judgment and integrity.
- Flexibility/ability to cope with changes well.
This is a full-time, salaried position. Medical and dental benefits provided. Paid time off accrued. Hours are mostly late morning to early evening.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Kacie Stratton at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 28, 2022. For more information, call Kacie at 510-534-0165 x1003 or visit hhministries.org.